The #1 article on Google Search for “succeeding on Twitch” is now here at http://geekyantics.net/blog – thank you all for your wonderful support and encouragement! We’re glad we can help non-partnered streamers level the playing field and find advice that isn’t your typical canned messaging and tech talk. There’s far more to streaming on Twitch than overlays, technology, and your games of choice, friends. Stay tuned for more articles regarding Twitch, online businesses, and social media marketing!
UPDATE! We’ve been featured on Gods Of Mayhem, The Angry Joe Show, IGN, and many popular Twitch channels. Thank you for supporting our growing network and empowering us to help others and put out unique, useful, and fun content! We are also one of the Top 10 results for “geeky network” on search engines. Thank you all!
If you love what we have to say, please support our Twitch channels and other projects:
- Geeky Antics Stream Team – Support these folks because they are awesome, friendly, and engaging.. Yes, even that salty dog ObioneX2 is lovable and fun to hang out with, once you get to know him. #TheGANG
- ShinyPrints.com – One of our biggest sponsors and clients. They help me, Yomar a.k.a. Yogizilla, work from home so I can be with my family and run the GeekyAntics network. Check out their wedding photo frames and design templates. Artists and photographers will be surprised just how much better and cost-effective metal prints and wall art can be – PLUS they are built to last and you don’t need a mount!
- GeekyAntics – One of the FIRST channels to establish a podcasting stream team and do gaming talk shows.. WAY before there was even a category for it!
- TheWorstRadioShow – Literally THE worst radio show out there.. And we love them for it! Part of our beloved stream team and podcast network, affectionately called #TheGANG. Check out other great WRS Media projects like Podcast Infinity and Dark Zone Podcast, too!
- GamingDeath – One of the oldest REAL podcasts on Twitch. Be sure to check them out as they are well-connected in the gaming industry and a hoot to listen to! #TheGANG
- Yogizilla – People say I’m like Man Vs. Game but more engaging and better at the newb/scrub plays. I’ve also been told I am one of the friendliest, most authentic streamers around.. That means A LOT to me! #TheGANG #ThePodFather
SHOUT-OUTS to some more of my favorite streamers out there and the folks who have supported GeekyAntics wholeheartedly. The people that care about other people and do things the right way. Mnalicious, Linkwall, Cupcakeeenvy, xelyz, cannibalqueen2107, Yantzi, Maquannas, Poopybuttz, Obezianka, ShannaNina, and everyone else I can’t fit in one blog post (for the sake of brevity). Keep on keeping on – you guys ROCK! Tons of love for the collaborative souls out there!
With the impending doom that’s sure to come with the inevitable Google (or other mega-corporation) acquisition of Twitch, a lot of us in the GeekyAntics and AllGames communities are looking to step up our game on Twitch or at least keep our options open. After all, if we can cement ourselves as Twitch partners (certainly not the best or only growth path) and featured channels, why NOT do it on the “ground level”? Unfortunately, Twitch streamers, like many social media enthusiasts, are looking for the magic bullet.
The magic bullet does not exist.
DISCLAIMER: These are my opinions based upon my experience as a NISM-certified social media strategist (I sit on their board of advisors too) and personal observations. I do not pretend to have all the answers nor is this guide the end-all on your quest for social media success.. but it’s a darn good start! It’s also worth noting that I am not partnered on Twitch because it has not been the focus on my network BUT having the #1 Twitch marketing/growth article out there should lend some credibility. *smirk*
Sure, there are some shortcuts and tips but it all comes down to the basics. We’ll get into that but here’s what one streamer recommends after becoming a Twitch partner in about a month’s time (this is very rare, by the way):
This is solid advice. Obezianka, like many of us in #TheGANG, really believes in the value of authenticity and engagement. Sadly, there is more to this puzzle than what is mentioned here because tons of people have high production value and consistency, yet they struggle to break 100 concurrent viewers; heck, some days 10 viewers is a blessing, amirite?
Even worse, people only see value in followers and views but there’s more to success than that. Heck, there are tons of unremarkable channels that hit high numbers consistently yet have nothing special to offer. It all comes down to this: What is success to YOU? What REALLY drives you?
Let’s dig deep here. We’ll go through the best practices and the tried-and-true strategies we have uncovered from analyzing top streamers and first-hand experiences alike. Let’s do this!