We have two bonus #TWTT videos for you this week, which should offset any potential interruption coming up in the near future (details on that forthcoming). Matt Bradford of Zombie Cast, Video Game Outsiders, GamesRadar, and Guiness World Records joins us as we GO DEEPER®! These shows feature what you, our beautiful community, have requested; namely, LIVE flash fiction readings!
In addition to the three pieces I read on-air, I added another piece I just whipped up. Hope you enjoy them! XTX001 Part 2 is where you can go to listen to the live readings and our concepts thereof.
If you want to be part of my #FlashFiction Potluck, e-mail your piece to yomar(arroba)geekyantics(punto)net – looking forward to inspiring each other!
…Proper attribution/credit will be provided, of course! This is just a fun way to share quick, raw fictional works with each other. In future installments, I’d like to share writing prompts and challenge everyone (myself included) with monthly themes. For example, we can do word count limits, use word banks, or set up specific topics and formats. Let me know what you think, lovely geeks!
Timey-Wimey Tea Time PART 1
- What is the purpose of podcasting?
- What keeps us motivated with podcasting and social media?
- Is the Video Game Outsiders approach a good model to follow?
- Do we have a responsibility to our fans or community as creatives?
- Can you do something you love AND be productive with it?
- Doctor Who Series 8 mid-season review.
- Writers need to know when to “leave a moment alone”.
- Series 8 may suffer from too many hands in the pot…
- …or is it lack of creative direction?
- The importance of managing expectations in ALL ventures.
- Narrative Structure VS. Podcast Structure
Timey-Wimey Tea Time PART 2
- Is Danny Pink manly or whimpy?
- A man’s struggle of ego vs. righteousness vs. love/compassion.
- Does the Doctor love Clara
- Stan’s encounter with infidelity, deceipt, and mind games.
- Is it insecurity or strength?
- Flash fiction readings.. These are truly raw works!
- Inspirations and creative processes driving our fictional works.
- A future of lazy couch potatoes.
- Foreshadowing of augmented and virtual reality gone wrong.
- Control is an illusion.
- Everyone has a boss. Complete freedom is also an illusion.
…and now for some flash ficiton!
Mrs. Busy Work
“Honey, I am awfully busy today.. Can this wait?”
Wilfredo was very perplexed. Why did all this have to be done now? He had deadlines up the wazoo. As it was, he would be lucky to get any sleep in the coming weeks. In spite his pleas, his wife, Suki, insisted.
“No this NEEDS to be done NOW.”
Today was the day Suki decided that everyone would take on the urgent tasks of relacing all shoes, shuffling furniture about, cleaning the fridge, vacuuming every nook and cranny, and mastering the absolutely mudane. As usual, these “plans” were executed on a whim. There was no distinction between want and need. Every task was treated as if thousands of lives depended on them.
The kids played it smart. After bathing the dogs and mowing the lawn, they magically disappeared. Wilfredo continued to break his back as Suki barked unrelenting orders.
“No no no… That’s not how you load the dishwasher. Do it this way.”
“Sweetheart, I read the manual and this model has the sprinkler arms in the middle. Every dish should face the center.”
“WELL, I don’t care what the manual says.. I want it done MY way.”
Wilfredo thought to himself, “This is gonna be a looooong day…”
Virtual Reality Television
The new P0-T8-T0 XXL DX Limited Edition VRI suit supports both augmented reality and full-dive virtual reality. We are proud to announce that you can now use SFS 3.0 to not only synchronize your visual substitutions but also all sensory feedback. This allows participating parties to experience your augmented reality as you intended it.
For our users who prefer the longer full-dive immersions, we now support all popular septic and waste recycling systems. You have the option of using a G-Lock quick-connect adapter or the native V-Clamp. Now you’ll never have to return to messy clean-up jobs! For those on-the-go, liquid waste recyclables can be converted into ten fantastic flavors including root beer, grape, and piña colada.
Last but certainly not least, we are proud to announce the brand-spanking-new Jer-Z-HOAR system. This new scripting platform will allow you to live out your favorite reality TV stories! Full-dive servers are online and fully functional. AR support coming in six months!