XCOM Board game

Home Forums Video Games & Tabletop Fun XCOM Board game

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yogizilla 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

BFT9000
    Participant

Has anyone checked out the new XCOM Board game coming out later this year? It looks like a fairly interesting co-op game. I’m even more interested in seeing how Fantasy Flight incorporates the app into the game.

Here’s a link to the game’s description, .

BFT9000
    Participant

Messed that up.

Yogizilla
    Keymaster

Haven’t seen that yet but I love the series. The classic and the new. Definitely my style.

If you dig cooperative tabletop games, two of my favorites are Pandemic and Castle Panic. I suppose Munchkin can be paid cooperatively.. But you never quite know who to trust there! ;o)

BFT9000
    Participant

I’ve played Pandemic a few times and really enjoyed it. Same goes for Munchkin. Another good one is Shadows Over Camelot. Game is rock hard
    on it’s own. Never mind if you end up with a traitor within your group.

Yogizilla
    Keymaster

Haha.. Munchkin is like that too. It’s so deceptively simple but you get that one player that wants to play hardball and everything goes crazy. Of course, if you don’t like that bad blood style of gameplay, Pandemic and Castle Panic really foster teamwork.. LOVE the cooperative games.

I find that my family enjoys the coop stuff more. We love games like Monopoly and Munchkin, but then people get butthurt when alliances are formed and they feel bullied. LOL

BFT9000
    Participant

Another game I really like is Relic. It’s based off the game Talisman and is based in the WH40K setting. Doesn’t have any PVP unless you get the expansion. Plus it has exploding dice. Roll a crit? Keep on rolling until you stop getting crits and your opponent is a pile of goo.

Yogizilla
    Keymaster

That sounds awesome!

Zombie Dice has a similar mechanic. You can try to go for headshots but, if you get too greedy, you become zombie bait. It’s a simple game yet tons of fun.. Basically, it’s all about gambling. High risk, high reward!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our ad partners and/or leave comments below!