Fellow geeks and creatives, this is the official 48-hour countdown for the ReElise Kickstarter project. In case you’ve missed all the hoopla surrounding this project, we’re excited because this is an ambitious project that incorporates a lot of things that we love: hip-hop, retro flava, hand-drawn graphics, JRPG mechanics, exploration, fun gameplay, and a story with lots of feels. In an industry where metoo-ism dominates, it’d be nice to see something unique succeed and we’re all about the underdogs!
I’d like to take this moment to provide some simple opportunities to help this Christian video game project reach more people. Here are some “quickies”, straight from the Kickstarter page:
- Subscribe to our mailing list – http://eepurl.com/cdfqS9
- Comment on anything you find mentioning ReElise – let’s show our unity!
- Share our art and talk about ReElise on Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
- Use the tags #elamaan #reelise #noroomfox to help spread the movement
- Share our videos on YouTube wherever possible
- Introduce us to bloggers, journalists, podcasters, and video personalities so we can get more reviews, interviews, and guest articles out there so we can tap into new communities and media outlets – let’s make more friends!
- Share our promos on your timelines regularly (but don’t spam please) and tag 5 friends that will respond to specific aspects of the project (i.e. black game dev, hip-hop, Christian themes, hand-drawn graphics, awesome sound track, JRPG)
Now, for anyone getting hung up on the Christian video game aspect, do not be alarmed. The themes in this game are very much relatable for people of all walks of life. In fact, we’re finding that the secular response has been far more positive than what the Christian community has been, which is rather surprising.
Below, we’ll get into some of the revelations we’ve discovered and reinforced along the way…