Rogue Legacy: Ghosts N' Goblins Meets Metroidvania

Home Forums #RetroFriday – Indie Games, Classics, And Nostalgia Rogue Legacy: Ghosts N' Goblins Meets Metroidvania

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Yogizilla 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Yogizilla
    Keymaster

Rogue Legacy may be old by today’s standards but Cellar Door Games has won me over as a fanboy. Not only do they have a rich history as indie game developers but this game is the perfect tribute to everything I love about video games.. Sans the multiplayer.

Rogue Legacy is a rogue-like that pays tribute to the greats, games that challenged us and kept us coming back for more. It has epic loot and replay value in spades. I love how Cellar Door combined my favorite aspects of Metroid, Castlevania, Zelda, and Ghosts N’ Goblins while creating a unique experience.

Needless to say, I am on a Rogue Legacy kick and it has me revisiting games like FTL and Risk Of Rain. You can find Rogue Legacy gameplay and videos of the games that inspired it on the following YouTube channels:

http://YouTube.com/yogizilla
    http://YouTube.com/geekyantics

For the record, I suck at Ghosts N’ Goblins. That game truly is Nintendo Hard.. But I may revisit it.. Because I am a massochist. LOL

So who here loves Rogue Legacy or rogue-likes as a whole? =o)

KiNgDeeM
    Participant

Lmk maybe we can do some coop

Yogizilla
    Keymaster

I wish Rogue Legacy had co-op.. That would be EPIC!

BFT9000
    Participant

Rogue Legacy is one of those games you need to careful with. It can become very addictive, very quickly.

Yogizilla
    Keymaster

Yeah man.. But that’s part of the beauty. I love games that are entertaining to watch and highly replayable. Rogue Legacy is a rare treat; especially for a non-multiplayer game. Truly EPIC!

Off the top of my head, Rogue Legacy, FTL, Risk Of Rain, and Crypt Of The Necrodancer are special games that fit that criteria. Hope peeps like watching them as much as I love playing them. =oD

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our ad partners and/or leave comments below!